Wearing Rudraksha for the first time
It is necessary that before wearing a Rudraksha or mala of Rudraksha it must be sanctified and energized. So in Rudraksha world we first sanctify and energise the bead or mala before sending or giving it to you. So you can start wearing your mala on any auspicious morning after bath as per your convenience.
In case you would like to sanctify the Rudraksha yourself, the simplest procedure is :
- Choose an auspicious day. Monday are Lord Shiva days and could be chosen.
- Keep the mala in a plate in front of you and sit or stand facing east.
- Light incense / dhoop and/ or oil lamp.
- Wash the beads with water or lightly sprinkle water on them with a leaf.
- Sprinkle flower on it.
- Chant "Om Namah Shivay" 108 times
- Apply in sandal paste on mala.
- Now chant the Beeja mantras stated 27 times each for the mukhis in your mala.
- Ask blessings from Lord Shiva and start wearing your mala.
- After this you may chant the beeja mantra of fixed number of times everyday (3 times or 9 times or11 times or 27 times or through out the day silently in your mind.
NOTE: The more you work on mantra the more powerful the mala or bead it becomes.
Before Rudraksha is worn on the body it needs to be sanctified and energized. We at Rudraksha World sanctify and energize (awaken) your Rudraksha by full Vedic rites before sending to you .You can energise your bead yourself on any auspicious day. Choose an auspicious day. Monday are Lord Shiva days and could be chosen.
- Wash Rudraksha with unboiled milk and water.
- Apply sandalwood paste on it. Offer Incense and flowers (Since the rudraksh is cleaned, applying sandal paste to it is usually done for beads or malas that are to be placed on the altar for worship. If they are for wearing, then waving or touching a bit of sandal paste or powder to the beads is fine. This is also a form of offering).
- Chant "Om Namah Shivaya" 108 times.
- Chant the specific mantra of the mukhis minimum of 9 times.
The Beeja Mantras for different beads are as follows :
1 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Namah
2 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Namah
3 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Kleem Namah
4 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Namah
5 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Namah
6 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Hum Namah
7 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hum Namah
8 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hum Namah
9 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Hum Namah
10 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Namah
11 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Hum Namah
12 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Kraum Sraum Raum Namah
13 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Hreem Namah
14 Mukhi Rudraksha : Aum Namah
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha : Aum Gauri Shankaraya Namah
Ganesha Rudraksha : Aum Gan Ganapataye Namah
Common Mantra : Om Namah Shivaya
Upon completion of the above described steps wear your Rudraksha chanting Om Namah Shivaye. The Rudraksha thus becomes divine, and creates a divine armour around it's worshipper and bestows health,wealth and success.
If you would like to enhance the effects of the different Rudraksha then the specific mantras for each of the Rudraksha could be repeated as often as you choose any time of the day. Also "Om Namah Shivay" or "Namah Shivay" mantra energizes the Rudraksha beads when chanted with them. Keep the beads as close to your skin as possible. Rudraksha can also be kept in Puja room and prayed for benefit of whole family.