Points to Remember while Wearing a Rudraksha
After having studied Rudraksha deeply for several years now I personally FEEL there are some very extremely important points which should be followed/remembered with wearing of Rudraksha, these are listed below ... All of the below mentioned points may NOT be rules (to be followed with Rudraksha) since some of below mentioned points are my personal suggestions or viewpoints so i leave this for the reader to decide .......
- Energise/Pran Prathistha rudraksha from a brahmin pandit in a Shiva temple & then wear your energised Rudraksha for first time immediately after its Pran Prathistha puja.
- Before u wear your energised Rudraksha bead/mala for first time make sure u follow the vidhi of saying the mantras as laid down in scriptures.
- Make sure there is no rahu kaal & yamghat kaal at time of buying a new mukhi Rudraksha bead/mala & the time of doing its Pran Prathistha puja & also at the time of wearing energised Rudraksha bead/mala for the first time.
- You can also perfrom Rudra-Abhishek on your Rudraksha. It is the best and most powerful way of energising the Rudraskha.
- Hereafter every time u remove or wear your Rudraksha (after its puja) say om-namah-shivah minimum 3times or 11times.
- Remove Rudraksha before engaging in sex, eating non-veg, drinking alcohol, &/or attend participate in some one's death funeral procession &/or when visiting the cemetery or cremation ground. After u come back from attending participating in some one's death funeral procession &/or visiting the cemetery or cremation ground, then 1st thing u should do is take a complete water bath. Make sure u wet your head & forehead & neck regions thoroughly with water and then wear Rudraksha.
- After act of sex take a complete water shower if possible before you put your Rudraksha back again.
- Touch your Rudraksha with clean hands only.
- Do not show your Rudraksha to everyone. It should be hidden well below your clothes. Rudraksha is not an object of fashion to display to everyone.
- If at all by mistake you have touched your Rudraksha with dirty hands or been at a funeral place then pour some good amount of Ganga Jal on Rudraksha & ask forgiveness from lord Shiva & then touch Rudraksha to lord Shiva photo or Shivling & then wear it. It is good to keep Ganga Jal 1 or 2 bottles handy at home.
- 14 Mukhi Rudraksha needs special care & handling as it is the most very auspicious.
- Poornima, Mondays, Shravan Mahas, Navratri, Shivaratri, Mahashivratri & eclipse are few auspicious times to wear Rudraksha.
- You can also keep your Rudraksha at the place of worship and daily touch it with your forehead. You can chant Om Namah Shivaya while you do this.
- Always buy Rudraksha from your own money & not from other people's borrowed money.
- Rudraksha beads or malas should not be exchanged or interchanged after you wear it.
- It is suggested that brush that u use for cleaning Rudraksha beads should be used only for 1 time use & then disposed off, every time use a new clean small brush.
- ALWAYS REMEMBER THE AMOUNT OF BENEFIT U GET FROM UR RUDRAKSH WILL ALSO DEPEND ON THE AMOUNT OF RESPECT & CARE U SHOW TOWARDS UR RUDRAKSH BEAD..RUDRAKSH IS LORD SHIVA...